Monday, April 6, 2009

Cocktail Cockatiel



I made this ring as my final project in my jewelry class last semester. It reminds me of a war torn water lily. I really like how it came out. Its so light, beautiful and fragile, yet tough and large. My only fault was in making the edges so jagged, I achieved the effect I wanted, but forgot that it might be easy to snag fabric on it. Thus this ring is not for wearing to work. 
I absolutely love working with metals. Its amazing how you can fabricate such a beautiful object from something in the Earth. I wish being a jewelry major didn't mean staying in school for another year, otherwise, I most definitely would have switch majors.
 I'm thinking about making an epic chain necklace next. I have a whole spool of gold chain and it snowed again. 
Snowy day craft project take 2?

9 comments:

  1. your ring is gorgeous! i love the contrast of rough material with delicate organic shape. cant wait to see more ;)
    xo s

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an extraordinary ring...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its beautifulxxx yes it does look like a lilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness! this is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is wondorous, even if you don't major in jewelery you should definetly do something with jewelery design.
    -indigo

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful ring. very organic.

    ReplyDelete