Saturday, April 18, 2009

Monochromatic


Last Night, I had a Monochromatic Party at my apartment. The idea being that everyone would wear one single color from head to toe, thus creating a rainbow of a party.
It was definitely a really good time, but me being as in love with patterns as I am had a very difficult time picking out what to wear. I was amazed to find that the only complete solid color outfit I could come up with was gold.
Think of it as the pot at the end of the rainbow.



Wearing: H & M sweater, Vintage Lion Belt, Urban Outfitters Shoes, Vintage Esprit  Skirt
Photographs by Kaori Sato
I have to admit though, I loved wearing all gold. And this skirt, which I had never worn before, will definitely be put into rotation more often.


This is what a monochromatic party looks like. 
Definitely a Rainbow Of Some Really Great People!

17 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness.
    Just absolutely stunning and beautiful.
    I love it.
    I can't even tell you how adorable that outfit is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a party! I'll have to try it some time.
    And I love your outfit. Your skirt is fantastic. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI HI HI HI HI HI.

    I can't express to you how much I love your blog! And I'm credited... hehehehehe. Last night was a great time. Thanks for throwing such a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for a party! And that skirt is awesome, great vintage find.

    Your sea lion postcard sounds lovely.. do you have any photos posted of it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the theme! The skirt is great

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fantastic idea! i am totally going to have a monochromatic party this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha that party looks so good,
    its a good idea to use xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look lovely in gold,, and you know,, there isn't a lot of people can pull off gold!

    agnes xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great idea for a party... kind of reminds me of the 60s

    ReplyDelete
  10. aw this looks like so much fun! i will totally be stealing your idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is the greatest idea for a party i've seen yet!:D it looks fantastic when everyone is together!!
    and i love your shoes and skirt, fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is such an amazing idea! i am SO going to do this..hehe..

    Lola.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sooo stealing this party idea.
    oh yes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, love the gold skirt! Beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete